RuneScape Update: RIP Wilderness?

Ziko

VIP
Discord ID
Azaki96#1644
Hello everyone,

RuneScape has recently announced a new update, which involves the removal of the Threat system from the Wilderness. According to the dev note, this was done because the system did not achieve the intended goal of providing a feeling of unpredictable risk for PVM players. The decision was made to remove it entirely, rather than spending more time trying to fix it.

Personally, I'm quite disappointed with this update. The Wilderness has always been a high-risk, high-reward area, and the Threat system added an extra layer of excitement and challenge. Without it, I feel that the Wilderness will become a much safer and less thrilling place to be.

I understand that not everyone will agree with my opinion, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Do you think this update will have a positive or negative impact on the game? Will you miss the Threat system, or are you glad to see it go? Let's start a discussion and share our views.

hammer

Hello everyone,

RuneScape has recently announced a new update, which involves the removal of the Threat system from the Wilderness. According to the dev note, this was done because the system did not achieve the intended goal of providing a feeling of unpredictable risk for PVM players. The decision was made to remove it entirely, rather than spending more time trying to fix it.

Personally, I'm quite disappointed with this update. The Wilderness has always been a high-risk, high-reward area, and the Threat system added an extra layer of excitement and challenge. Without it, I feel that the Wilderness will become a much safer and less thrilling place to be.

I understand that not everyone will agree with my opinion, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Do you think this update will have a positive or negative impact on the game? Will you miss the Threat system, or are you glad to see it go? Let's start a discussion and share our views.
Damnnnn are they crazy or something is there any official link to this update or something?

Hello everyone,

Azaki, hello.

So, this was already half expected for most players...

Wildy has practically not existed for years, it only served as a reward for events and some ups, farms, etc. But not for PVP which was Wildy's de facto focus/objective since the game was released.

PVP in RS3 has died, and will not come back, in my opinion, as the focus of PVP has shifted to OLD RS.

I really can't understand, how a game of this size doesn't have a PVP area (individual and group), that for me is inadmissible ;/
I loved wildy, pk, pvp.

RS3 is totally focused on PVM and Skiller now... only on that, unfortunately for me who was very fond of pvp, wildy, pk...

Wildy will become a normal place like Varrock city lol.

Unless the new skill is something that involves Wildy's current configuration, that's why the update...
but we don't know it's just a guess

StockAllDay

$200 DONOR
Discord Username
StockAllDay#0707
Discord ID
I feel they will need to bring back runescape from 2012 or so to make game more active again.

I feel they will need to bring back runescape from 2012 or so to make game more active again.
I find this unlikely...
unfortunately ;/
but particularly I would really like some things to come back...
focused "only" on pvm/skiller is not cool for me, I believe that a pvp, clan war would be really cool nowadays.

by the last graph I saw on reddit of active players, rs3 has lost a lot of people in recent years, a lot of people, that's sad ;/